- Abstracts should be written in size 12 font, Times New Roman
- English is the official language.
- Titles containing a maximum of 20 words should be written in bold capital letters, except for Latin names, e.g. Lactarius deliciosus.
- Authors’ names should start with the first name, if relevant followed by the middle name, then followed by the surname in lower case letters.
- Affiliations should be in italics and lower case.
- The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
- An email address for the presenting author should be provided.
- Five to seven key words should be provided. The key words should be written in lower case letters.
- The body of the summary should start with a brief introductory sentence or two, containing background information about the work. It should then summarize the work that was done and outline the importance of the major findings. At the end, a conclusion of the work should be included.
- The entire body of the summary (of no more than 250 words, excluding title, names, affiliations and key words) should be written in a single paragraph.
- Finally, the main topic of the research, selected from the topics of the IWEMM9 (please check them on the circular or on the website) should be included.
- See the following example as a guide: abstract-sample
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
- Contributions selected by the International Scientific Committee of the IWEMM9 will be presented in oral form. Authors will be informed on May 10, 2017 about this decision.
- All oral presentations must be in English. There will be no simultaneous translation available.
- It will be highly appreciated if you can speak slowly and clearly throughout your presentation to help those who are not fluent English speakers.
- All oral presentations should be prepared as a PowerPoint or PDF file, which should be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively shared by file transfer, two weeks before the IWEMM9, i.e. Monday 26, 2017. This will prevent any compatibility problem.
- The duration of the oral presentations will be indicated in May 2017 but is likely to be a maximum of 20 minutes, including the time required for questions or discussion following your talk. Please adhere strictly to the time allocated for your presentation.
- Microphones will be available to facilitate the discussion. Please ask the audience to use these so that everyone can hear the questions.
- Posters should have a portrait orientation and be no more than 90 cm width x 120 cm length.
- English is the official language for posters.
- Although you are completely free to display your research information on your poster, it is highly advisable to avoid excessive text, for example the following proportions are advised: 20% text, 50% graphics and 30% space. Please leave enough blank space around your text.
- The title should be placed at the top along with the authors, email addresses and institution names.
- Prepare all text to be readable at a distance of 2 m. For example the following sizes are advised: title 85 points, authors 48 points, sub-headings 36 points, body text 24 points, and captions 18 points.
- Organize your information to be self-explanatory.
- Include in a clear manner the background information, results and conclusions of your research.
POSTER SETUP AND COMPETITION
- Poster sessions will take place on Tuesday, July 11th and Wednesday, July 12th. More detailed information will be provided to authors about their assigned poster numbers and where and when to hang their poster before the start of the conference.
- Posters must remain up during the whole day of your assigned poster session.
- Poster presenters must be available to answer questions and discuss their research with conference participants according to the poster time slots provided ahead of the conference.
- Poster authors must bring their masking tape or sticky tape to hang their posters on available boards.
- There will be a Poster Competition, and the winner will be announced during the Closing Ceremony. The winner will be awarded a certificate and a gift. The jury will be composed of distinguished members of the International Scientific Committee of the IWEMM9.